As a mechanical engineer at Fortimedix Surgical, you get the opportunity to design, build, and test advanced medical devices and production processes in order to enable next generation surgical procedures. Your job covers the full engineering domain of product and process development from conceptual design up to market introduction and scale-up.
In a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, you work on design, development and testing of surgical instruments and its related manufacturing processes. You improve product performance and manufacturability by designing, calculating, modelling, prototyping and testing. Additionally, by developing processes to a world-class performance level by means of lean six sigma, you optimize cost and consistency. Furthermore, you get the chance to master high-tech (automated) manufacturing processes such as laser cutting, assembly and (optical) measurement.
- Looking at questions from different perspectives
- Dare to bring less obvious solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Eager to learn
- Strong team player
- Designing and calculating with 3D CAD programs preferably in the field of precision mechanics
- Making analytical mechanical calculations supported by FEM analyses
- Come up with smart construction principals and solutions
- Searching for- and developing new ways to improve functionality, cost and quality
- Specifying, realizing and verifying the mechanical design requirements and tolerances
- Preparing part and assembly documentation (drawings, instructions, requirements)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mastering the Dutch & English language
- 3 to 5 years of work experience
A challenging job in an inspiring and rapidly developing high-tech company, where an open, professional and pleasant working culture is one of our most important assets. We embrace initiatives, ownership and a strong team spirit. By providing freedom, we support you to be creative and to organize the job in accordance with the overall goals of Fortimedix Surgical. We are committed to support your professional and personal development and give you the opportunity to cooperate with talented people.
Please submit your motivation and resume via the application form below, or contact human resources via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy or the applying procedure in general, please contact Ezra Erens (HR Director): +31 (0)6 21206133.
Our preference is given to applicants residing within a 90 km radius of Geleen, the Netherlands. If an applicant resides outside of this radius and accepts the job, we expect that he or she is willing to relocate to a residence within a 90 km radius of Geleen.